Another day, another coffee grounds survey!
The question is – What would you pay for a .5 kilo bag of coffee fertiliser?
- 48% – NOTHING EVER!
- 34% – Yes – around $1 to $2 sounds fair
- 10% – Yes – around $2 to $3 sounds fair
- 2% – Yes – around $3 to $4 sounds fair
- 4% – Yes – around $ to $2 sounds fair
And here is a nice image to make it all official:
So where would you sit on this survey – with the 48% who would never pay for used coffee grounds, or the 52% that would?
My thoughts – I’ve been asked a few times, mostly from coffee shop owners, if there was some way they could sell the used coffee grounds that they were creating. Well it seems to me that if they took those grounds and went to the trouble of putting them aside in bags, then a decent percentage of us collecting would be willing to spend a couple of dollars.
Consider it like a tip – you pay for good service, and getting a back of fertilizer for that price is still a good deal.
Thank you to all of you that took part in this survey, and hope you continue to share your experiences and knowledge for the benefit of everyone who visits the site.
And if you have not yet had some input into this important question – here it is!
- Saving for a Change: Tip #17 (casuallyspeaking.wordpress.com)
- Message from Deborah – London Ground to Ground (groundtoground.org)
- coffee… it’s more than a morning pick-me-up (bambeco.com)