Nonetheless, despite the same outward appearance, the typical flushable urinal is no match for the efficient and effective waterless urinal.
In a society continually evolving and developing greener solutions to everyday practicalities, more and more aspects of our lives are becoming waterless, energy-less, and ultimately, greener.
And there is certainly a good reason: greener, cleaner solutions are almost always are financially intelligent, viable, and reasonable. This absolutely includes the installation and use of waterless urinals to regular water-wasting urinals.
The Benefits of Waterless Urinals
The obvious benefit of a waterless urinal can be found in the name itself: they save water.
According to recent studies, a single waterless urinal could save over 27,000 gallons of water every single year!
Now, not everyone may care about saving water, or the environment, or anything else that has to do with being the stereotypical “tree-hugger”. However, even if you don’t care about the environment, the financial savings are obvious.
27,000 gallons of water saved represents to any business, organization, or corporation a lot of money, especially if all regular urinals are swapped with waterless ones.
Now, a couple red flags may have arisen over the course of reading this article.
- How are odors not prevalent?
- Without water, how is the waste successfully carried through the plumbing?
- Well, within the urinal typically lies a small cartridge filled with a sealant that floats on top of the excreted urine.
- This traps odors and urine within the urinal and prevents odors from being emitted.
- The urine remains in the bowl and forced through the plumbing as more is collected.
- The cartridge containing the liquid must be refilled and changed periodically, but cannot compare the money saved using the waterless urinal.
Upkeep and Maintenance
Another reasonable question involves the price and maintenance of the installation and upkeep of the urinals.
Waterless urinals are typically rather cheap; many can be found for under $300.00.
The urinal is simply swapped out with the urinals in place, as they will use the same plumbing
In the long run, switching out all of a building’s urinals with waterless ones is a financially sound and smart investment, as well as an environmentally friendly one.
If your building even has a mere 20 urinals, almost 500,000 gallons could potentially be saved annually!
When looking at a long-term investment, something as simple as swapping out urinals in your building can really go a long way.
Waterless urinals are economically friendly, environmentally friendly, and equity friendly. Make the right decision; go green and save some money!
We need to save fresh water, not flush it! Envirocare Systems hygiene services WA waterless urinals reduce water usage by up to 98% Not only that, you can expect to see real savings on your water bills!
- Waterless Urinal Benefits Highlighted at Symposium on Improving Building Systems in Hot and Humid Climates (waterlessco.wordpress.com)
- 5 Fast Facts about Waterless Urinals (waterlessco.wordpress.com)
- An Algorean No-Flush Nightmare (lewrockwell.com)