Man Slop Tabouli
This is one of those dishes that seem to have a million different ways of being made, with Parsley the only thing that seems to be mentioned in all of them.
No surprise then that my ‘man slop’ version of Tabbouleh is heavy on the parsley also at this time of year, because I have so much of it in the backyard right now it has almost become a weed.
There is no Bulgur Wheat in this recipe, so be warned – it is called Man Slop Tabouli for a reason!
Total Time to Prepare: 20 Minutes
- 1-2 cups chopped parsley, actual amount according to taste
- 1 lemon ready to squeeze
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons of quality olive oil
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 small cucumber, diced and peeled or not according to preference
- 1 stick of celery, diced
Throw all of the above into a bowl, squeeze the lemon, eat it.
I hope you give it a go, and let me know how much better your recipes for Tabouli are, compared to this, my humble man slop.
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh (bookcasefoodie.wordpress.com)
- Tabbouleh (foodmental.wordpress.com)
- Crab Tabouli with Quinoa (optimumnutrition.wordpress.com)